Plastic surgery is so common nowadays that anyone is no longer surprised if they found out a kin or friend had a Breast Lift. While it popular among people, it’s not that cheap either. However, more and more people are getting it done and it has come to the point that in terms of price it’s not just the very wealthy and the very famous that get it.
Who Can Get the Procedure?
That is a simple question to answer. Practically anyone who wants a Cosmetic Surgery can get one. However, there are certain unwritten caveats a lot of surgeons do follow or at the very least let guide their decisions as to the patient.
- Not all procedures are recommended for all people. Depending on the person’s age and health certain procedures may not be a good idea. This means that if the surgeon deems it he or she may recommend something else that will do the same thing you want.
- Cosmetic surgery is not a miracle worker. It will not turn a person into an Angelina Jolie or a George Clooney. Surgeons always emphasize this point – patients should be realistic with their expectations. Thus, a good candidate is one that knows what to expect and is not emotionally unbalanced when deciding to get such surgery done.
Is Cosmetic Surgery Expensive?
Unless a person is a billionaire who has money to spend, then the answer to that would be yes. Of course, the price that a person’s pay for procedures such as a Breast Lift in Sydney will depend on a couple of factors. The procedure that a person wants performed, the surgeon who will do it and even the locations where the procedure will occur all contribute to the final cost.
- Your health insurance may not cover it. Since most cosmetic surgery is done for not really for health reasons, but rather for some vain purposes, then it will not be covered by insurance.
- Reconstructive surgery may be covered. For those who need surgery to correct a physical defect or to fix a body part that was ravaged by disease or injury such as the breast if the patients need to have it removed for cancer then it may be covered.
- You can have it financed if you want. It’s not like surgeons don’t have a heart. They know that paying up all at once can be a pain. That’s why financing is available for a lot of these procedures. The surgeon’s office will have all the information that a patient may need to get financing for the type of cosmetic procedure.
A lot of Cosmetic Surgery procedures are done in the surgeon’s clinic. They can either be in-patient or out-patient depending on the severity of the procedure. Most of the time the patient can recover in her own home and only do doctor’s visit in order to assess the phase of the recovery.
Because it’s a surgical procedure, pain is present of course, so the patient may be placed under general anesthesia. Throughout the recovery period the patient may be prescribed pain killers to relieve some of the post-operation pain that might afflict the patient.
*Photo Credit to the Owner