Tummy tuck, also known as abdominoplasty, is one of the most popular cosmetic surgery procedures today. Not everyone, though, can benefit from it. Find out if you are qualified for a tummy tuck by visiting a surgeon now for consultation. He will evaluate if tummy tuck is really for you. If not, there are other procedures that will suit your condition.
Tummy tucks do have a lot of dos before the surgery, which are given in detail in the previous link given. There are also tummy tucks dos right after the surgery. These are part of the healing process. It may take a while. You need to be very patient and must do all the things which are required of you.
Those are the dos before and after surgery. Some people find it difficult to heal because they do not understand the recovery process. It really takes a while and a lot of adjustments to do, and a lot of people do things they’re not supposed to do. If you’re planning to go through tummy tuck, you must expect to not do the following things after the operation:
- Weigh yourself. This can frustrate you big time. You will be swelling and full of fluids for a few weeks.
- Weighing yourself can make you think you’ve gained weight. Don’t do that yet. There’s plenty of time to weigh yourself once you’re fully healed.
- Fit tight clothes. Just like weighing yourself, you cannot do this. Still the same case. You’re a little bloated for a while.
- Clean the house. Excessive lifting, bending, and cleaning are not part of your healing process. Unless you want a different operation, continue cleaning.
- Eat processed and packaged foods. These can get you more bloated.
- Drink soda. This can also get you bloated.
- Dwell in negativity. You’ve made your bed. Lie on it. Think positive. Do not let frustration of fast recovery get to you. You’ll get there soon.
- Play with your children. If you have kids, take a hiatus from lifting them up.
- Go back to work. If you’re not fully recovered, this is not a good idea.
Make sure to follow all the instructions given by your surgeon. Do not hurry to go back to your life. That’s why before tummy tuck surgery, make sure everything is taken care of.
Remember that you are part of the success of the recovery and how you deal with it after. It is the surgeon’s job to his best during the operation; and it is your job to do your best to get healed.