Those who would want to have the body that they have been dreaming of may benefit from body contouring procedures. These surgical operations primarily get rid of the unwanted and unnecessary extra skin and stubborn fat deposits to make the body look tight and well defined.
These extra skin and stubborn fat are commonly seen in the abdominal area. However, it is more prominent in others and it does not even get better with age, especially when one lives a sedentary lifestyle.
Body Contouring does its best to help minimize these unwanted parts. It cannot stop the body from aging completely since no medical technology other than cryogenics can do that.
There are typically four common procedures that are popular patients who opt to undergo body contouring. These procedures are often done individually. However, it is also possible to combine two or more areas for faster recovery.
- Body Lift – Consists of upper and lower body lift. Upper body lift takes care of the upper portion of the abdominal area including the chest and the arms. Lower body lift takes care of the lower abdomen including the buttocks, groin and outer thighs.
- Breast Lift – Focuses on the breast. Augments flattened and sagging breasts to make them fuller.
- Arm Lift – Gets rid of the sagging under arm skin that commonly seen among people who have lost a lot of weight.
- Thigh Lift – Removes the sagging skin in the thigh. Takes care of the inner and outer thigh.
All these cosmetic procedures require surgery. The patient will have anesthesia and incisions will vary in length and depth depending on the type of procedure. The result may also vary depending on the technique and skill of the surgeon. Other factors that will affect the incision’s length include the desired area for removal and other preferences of the client.
Factors That May Affect Recovery
The amount of time spent on recovery will depend on a couple of factors. These factors will determine how well the body will heal after the operations. It may also help predict certain complications. Knowing these elements may help plan out the operation better and get the desired output.
- Extent of the surgery – Obviously, the bigger the surgery the longer it takes for the body to heal. Uncomplicated surgeries will take a short time for the body to mend itself while more complicated surgeries may take longer. As for multiple surgeries done at the same time, it may not take twice as long.
- Health – The condition of the body before, during and after the surgeries will affect the recovery rate. The equation is simple – if the patient is healthy then he or she might heal faster because the body is able to deal with the stress of the surgery better.
- Post-surgical Instructions – Patients are advised to follow certain regimens after any kind of operation like Body Contouring. Depending on the type of surgery, patients may be up in no time and back to their usual activities. It is imperative to follow these instructions and to avoid activities that are not recommended. Nothing complicates healing from surgery such as doing strenuous activities. Rest is necessary but it one must also follow the exercises for better healing.